With manufacturers turning to engineering services companies to get high quality results in design, verification, and manufacturability, SolidWorks® product development solutions help you speed up development and lower costs with a full range of capabilities in a single, intuitive user environment for both mechanical and industrial design.
Powerful 3D modeling enables you to quickly create innovative approaches for even the most customized requirements, and simulation technology fully integrated with design lets you test and evaluate materials, designs, and manufacturing. You achieve better results and add to your expertise.
SolidWorks and our manufacturing partners provide several key capabilities to help meet your manufacturing challenges including:
- Design for Cost and cost estimation – automatic estimates of part manufacturing costs using built-in cost templates
- Design for Manufacturability – SolidWorks DFMXpress to check manufacturability; Compare Documents to graphically see differences between different versions of parts and drawings parts and drawings; Draft, Undercut, and Wall Thickness checks; advanced injection molding checks; automatic sheet metal Flat Patterns.
- Eliminate interferences and misalignments – Automatic interference detection; hole alignment checks; tolerance stack-up analysis using SolidWorks TolAnalyst™
- Better data output to manufacturing – 3D output for CAM and rapid prototyping; DXF™ and DWG™; hole charts, weld tables, cut lists, punch tables; CNC pipe bending data
- 3D CAM integration with Certified Gold Partner CAM Products – Eliminate the need to import/export between design and CAM; automatically update NC tool paths whenever the design changes.
Process & Plant
Building a processing system—even an entire plant or factory—in industries as diverse as oil and gas production, alternate fuel development, power generation, and manufacturing is more challenging than ever. Competition is stiff and capital is tight. So the need to control costs, ensure quality, and speed up delivery is critical to your success.
See how SolidWorks® product development solutions give you a full range of modeling, simulation, and communication tools to create detailed 3D models and drawings for mechanical equipment and systems, HVAC, process layouts, and electrical, conduit and piping systems. You can complete process and plant design projects quickly, reliably, and affordably.
Oil & Gas
With piping, tubing and weldment design tools, SolidWorks® CAD software provides a complete 3D product development solution that meets the demands of today’s rapidly evolving oil and gas industry.
See how easy it is to define new piping spools, make changes to your designs, create 2D drawings, and detail weldments.
Companies specializing in engineering services, equipment design, and structural, HVAC, and piping projects use SolidWorks 3D development solutions to deliver innovative, cost effective designs.
SolidWorks solutions provide a common model to develop complete and accurate designs that can be leveraged across planning, equipment design, layout, fabrication, and construction. You can easily explore design alternatives using 3D parametric design and simulation to optimize your designs against customer and project objectives. Also quickly create photorealistic renderings and fully-detailed fabrication drawings for structural designs, mechanical equipment designs, mechanical systems (HVAC), electrical cable layouts, and piping systems.